Monday, December 18, 2006

Seattle Newscaster Gets "ZEE'ed"

My good friend, Big Z, has a Space Needle-sized problem with Seattle newscaster Kathi Goertzen (from KOMO-TV 's nightly news). So how does he deal with his dislike of one of Seattle's favorite on-air personalities? He courageously sends her hate e-mails under a pseudonym ("Sam McDonald"). Here's a sample:

From: Sam McDonald
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 4:39 PM
To: *KOMO-TV News Tips
Subject: Goertzen is the worst anchor EVER!

Kathy Goertzen is the worst news anchor ever.

Take her off the air.

Breathes funny.

And always sounds like she is going to CRY!! It's terrible and unbearable and I have stopped watching komo4 news with her AND have told all my friends and family do to the same (because we all agree) AND to pass it along.

Get rid of her. She sucks.

She's an illiterate mess, TAKE HER OFF THE AIR!

THANKS!

-Sam


And how does the unflappable Kathi Goertzen respond? She kills him with kindness! (Or an auto-reply. You decide.)

--- "Goertzen, Kathi" wrote:

Subject: RE: Goertzen is the worst anchor EVER!
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 17:06:23 -0800
From: "Goertzen, Kathi"
To: "Sam McDonald"

Sam,

Thanks so much for the kind words.

I'll share them with my friends and family.

Kathi


I don't know about you, but in my book the score is:
Big Z: 0
Kathi Goertzen: 1

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FUCK. THAT.

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas came early indeed.

Sam Mcdonald is a terrific character actor. You may remember him from such films as Happy Gilmore (where he played 'Shooter' Mcgavin) and Thelma and Louise (where he played Louise's prematurely-ejaculating husband). He generally plays a bastard, but I don't think that gives Big-Z the right to slander others using his good name.
Shame on you Big-Z...shame on you.

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, that's Christpher Mcdonald I'm talking about. I take it back. You're all good Big-Z -- slander away.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Goertz, and now I love her even more for being hilariously snarky.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home