Monday, November 13, 2006

No Submissions from Skywalker Ranch, Please

The Decemberists are one of the most original bands playing music today, and now they have asked their fans to join in on the creativity. The band just shot a video for "O Valencia" on a green screen, and mtvU has announced a contest to complete the video by creating a digital backdrop. I don't know, but I kind of like the video as is. In fact, I dare you to watch this clip and not smile:

Only the Decemberists could write a song about a forbidden girlfriend getting shot by her brother, gushing blood, dying in her boyfriend's arms -- and somehow make it upbeat and danceable. If I knew how to create a digital backdrop, I'd set this video in Versailles (it has a majestic feel, you know?) or Phil Hughes Bar .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home